So I have had this melon hanging around for a while in my kitchen wondering what to do with it. I do love melon on its own dont get me wrong. Its actually one of my faves as its so refreshing and hydrating. However I wanted to do something different. I thought I could have done a smoothie. Blogger She Smiles makes a wicked melon and basil smoothie over on her site. But I remember reading somewhere about about a melon and coconut lassi. I then came up with the perfect idea to adapt it into a cantaloupe and coconut lassi nice cream. This is so lovely on a hot and sticky morning, its refreshing and light. Full of hidden goodness. It almost made me feel quite tropical.
CANTALOUPE COCONUT LASSI NICE CREAM INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 frozen cantaloupe (this is best to freeze in cubes)
- 1/4 pot of alpro coconut yogurt
- 1 frozen banana (freeze in bits)
- 1 tbsp of flaxseed (we use Linwoods)
- 2 tsp of maca powder (we use nutriseed)
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of nutmeg
- A sprinkle of coconut chips (we use saf life lucuma and salted caramel chips)
CANTALOUPE COCONUT LASSI NICE CREAM METHOD:
- Pop all the ingredients apart from the coconut chips into the blender.
- The yogurt should help it blend but if you need a push add some coconut water or milk.
- Pour into a bowl.
- Sprinkle on your chips!E