I admit I am a massive sweet tooth, I can devour bars of chocolate and always have this desire to nibble on something sweet after dinner, a meal just does not feel quiet right without a lovely pudding finishing it off. Though that is not the best for my health or my weight really, and it has to be the hardest habit to kick. Finding a healthy, but tasty and delicious dessert is a tricky thing. Sometimes they can be bland, boring and just not that satisfying. With very few ingredients, this was one of those things that was just whipped together whilst rummaging for through the cupboards. This chocolate coconut cake, mixes a bunch of my fave things together, chocolate, coconut and strawberries. Its so simple to make, super quick and easy and guaranteed you’ll have this lot already in your kitchen. Plus it contains no sugar or flour, so its super healthy.
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 large banana
- 70g cacao powder
- 3 eggs
- 150g desiccated coconut
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 80 ml olive oil
- Fat free creme fraiche (We use Yeo Valley)
- A handful of strawberries
CHOCOLATE COCONUT CAKE BAKING METHOD:
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees and line your cake tin.
- Combine together all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Pop the banana in the blender and mix until liquid, add in the eggs and oil and blend until combined well together.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry and stir well until fully mixed.
- Bake for around 30 mins, but keep checking, I recommend the usual fork test.
- Serve warm with a dollop of creme fraiche and some chopped strawberries.