I have loved the idea of overnight oats for a long time, but I have found the recipe hard to perfect. Not only that but I have been trying to find a flavour combination that is original and exciting. The other day I was experimenting with Love Cocoa’s yummy chocolate selection. I thought to myself this could make the most incredible. overnight oats. Earl grey overnight oats. I adore a sweet breakfast as you all know, and of course breakfast goes best with a brew.
Earl Grey is a flavour that brings me back to my childhood. My papa would drink it strong, black with two sugars. That means when I saw the Earl Grey milk chocolate, not only was I excited but awash with nostalgia. I also thought I can make a wicked breakfast here of earl grey overnight oats. What better than to mix breakfast with breakfast with chocolate. The earl grey chocolate is just scrummy, it melts in your mouth and has this subtle herby, smokey flavour.
Earlier thsi month Tesco fortunately sent me some vouchers for summer berries, as being part of their Orchard programme. The local Tesco now works with Rosedene Farms, which gave us some awesomely cheap blueberries. So i smashed them in there aswell.
EARL GREY OVERNIGHT OATS INGREDIENTS:
- 1/4 bar of Love Cocoa earl grey chocolate
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of black brewed earl grey tea
- 1/2 milk
- A handful of blueberries
EARL GREY OVERNIGHT OATS METHOD:
- First brew your tea so you get a nice flavour.
- Then melt your chocolate (I prefer the old fashioned way a bowl on top of a pan)
- Once all of that is ready mix it all together in a bowl.
- Put into your container.
- In the morning finish it off with some more blueberries and a teeny piece of chocci.