Fish is one my favourite foods by far, when I go out at least 99% of the time I will order fish. There are so many reasons why we should incorporate lots of fish into out diets. It is renowned to be one of the most healthiest foods, providing fatty acids, vitamin D and many nutrients that people lack in their general diet. It is also linked to helping many mental issues, such as depression, bad sleeping, and Alzheimer’s, as well as lowering risks of heart attacks, strokes, diabetes and loss of vision. So I ask myself why I do not eat more of it at home. Well although fish is known to be easy to prepare, I have always had a fear of cooking fish, not knowing what to make it with, how to dress it and making sure it is cooked through properly. However when my partner and I found some great deals on fish, we decided it was time to put it on the menu at home. I think it is a perfect lunch time meal, more filling than a salad, yet still nice and light and not to mention healthy. I risked it and decided to make a pan fried sea bass with lemon and black pepper, accompanies by wilted baby spinach, asparagus, baby tomatoes, and lastly some paprika potatoes. Not to blow my own trumpet but it was delicious. If you are dubious of cooking fish do not worry about it, just go for it, and here is a lovely recipe you can follow.
PAN FRIED SEA BASS INGREDIENTS:
- A piece of sea bass
- 1 potato
- A handful of baby spinach
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- 5 spears of asparagus
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sprinkle of black pepper
- 1 tbsp of paprika
PAN FRIED SEA BASS METHOD:
- Firstly peel your potato and chop into cubes, lay on a baking tray cover with olive oil and the paprika. Place in the oven and cook for 20 min at 180 degrees.
- Take your sea bass and sprinkle on the black pepper.
- In a frying pan add some olive oil and wait till hot.
- Place the sea bass into the frying pan skin-side down. As soon as it goes in, press down with your fingers or a fish slice to stop it from curling up and fry on medium for around 4 mins each side.
- Flip it over and continue to cook for another 2 mins.
- In a separate pan add some olive oil and add in the asparagus, spinach and tomatoes. Once the spinach has wilted pop the contents onto a plate.
- Add the sea bass and drizzle over the lemon juice.
- Remove the paprika potato cubes from the oven and add.
- Voila a simple, easy nutritious lunch.