Fish is one of my favourite things to eat. Its light, its fresh and it have amazing health benefits. Fish to me is the best when I am in the middle of a fitness regime. Its provides a nutritious and filling dinner or a nice light lunch. There are so many different fishes out there and so much you can do with it. For some reason I have always been scared about making fish. I am not sure why, maybe I am worried about overcooking or under cooking. I also dont want it to become a tasteless dish . You have to give the fish credit it due, and fill that plate full of flavour. Luckily I had Nutribuddy’s little book of recipe to give me some inspiration. I had some hake already in so I could make up a smoked paprika hake along with butter beans, spinach and broccoli rice.
SMOKED PAPRIKA HAKE INGREDENTS :
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 onion chopped finely
- 130g spinach
- 1 hake fillet
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp of chili flakes
- 200g butter beans
- Juice 1/2 lemon
SMOKED PAPRIKA HAKE METHOD:
- Heat a tsp of oil and fry the onion until soft and golden.
- Put the spinach in a colander, pour over boiled water to wilt it, run under the cold tap, squeeze out the excess water and set aside.
- Line a baking tray and lay the fish on top, drizzle in oil and sprinkle over the paprika.
- Add the beans, chili, spinach, lemon juice and coconut oil into the pan with the onions.
- Let them eat up.
- Grill the fish for 5 mins. Spoon the bean mixture onto a plate and top with the fish & juices from the tray.
- Serve with some broccoli rice.