I am constantly trying to come up with new recipes. Mainly because my partner loves hot spicy things that are full of flavour, oh and adores rice. Yet I love creamy, mild flavours. As you can see two very different tastes, so cooking dinner takes thought. My idea originally came from making BBQ skewers, I always think a sweet sticky glaze is luscious. So I wondered if I could turn that into a sauce, add some heat, add some veggies, all to make a sweet spicy sticky chicken. It literally takes about 15-20 mins so a super easy meal.
SWEET SPICY STICKY CHICKEN INGREDIENTS: MAKES 2
- 3 fillets of chicken or half a pack of quorn chicken pieces.
- 1/2 aubergine
- 1/2 courgette
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp of chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp of oil
- A sprinkle of Punch Foods Japanese Tamari superseeds
SWEET SPICY STICKY CHICKEN METHOD:
- Mix together the soy sauce, honey, hot sauce, ginger and oil in a bowl.
- In a pan, heat some oil and brown the chicken and garlic on a medium heat.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, and the aubergine, courgette and tomatoes, and simmer uncovered for about 10-15 mins, until the sauce thickens.
- If you are using quorn just place the pieces into the sauce to boil.
- Serve with what you wish, however I used Tilda’s basmati with quinoa, pumpkin and sunflower seed.