A couple months after I started the blog. I got into writing foodie news, which gave us all insight into the food industry and what products were popping at that time. So each month I brought all my faves together to share with you guys. Now I am going to take a look at the year of 2016 and some of the best new food products that got in our bellies. Here is part one of the top new food products 2016.
BUKO COCONUT JAM
– So this was a great way to start the year, the first Soil Association certified organic coconut jam in the UK. Made with no refined sugars great beginnings for a health kick. Its different but very good flavour so if your up for experimenting then this is the one.
ALPRO GO ON
– This is something I have been waiting for, for a long time from Alpro. I adore their yogurts and creamy texture, however as a child was a HUGE corner fan. Therefore its great to have a nice fruit compot at the bottom of a plant based yog.
– These guys are killing it for the Vegan snacks, making nutritious raw nibbles for the health conscious. Their salt & pepper activated walnuts are too die for along with the Nutty Nori. With a big press fan base these are the ones to look out for.
Saf Raw Activated Nuts – Salt & Balsamic Vinegar 50g (Pack of 2)
Saf Raw – Raw Crackers – Spinach & Broccoli 44g (Pack of 2)
Saf Raw Cereal Bites – Nutty Apple Granola 60g
Saf Raw Kale Crisps – Miso & Cumin 40g (Pack of 2)
Saf Raw Activated Nuts – Caramelised Pecans 50g (Pack of 3)
A LITTLE BIT
– I am a sucker for a dressing so when they released their ‘A Little Bit On The Top’ range, I had to get the salad tongs out. Made with fresh herbs, there are four delicious flavours to choose from. All made with all natural, wholesome ingredients and with no hidden nasties. Yum
NIMS FRUIT CRISPS
– Now these lots have completely reinvented 1 of your 5 a day in a super delicious way. These are air-dried fruit crisps giving you a healthy alternative to that greasy fried bag of walkers. Not only that but they are super pretty, so work wonders for cake, smoothie and porridge toppings. I have a review coming up shortly.
Nim’s Air Dried Melon and Orange Crisps 22 g (Pack of 12)
Nim’s Fruit Crisps Great Taste Award Winning Air Dried Apple 20 g (Pack of 12)
Nim’s Air Dried Pear Crisps 22 g (Pack of 12)
Nim’s Air Dried Pineapple Crisps 20 g (Pack of 12)
Nim’s Air Dried Peppers and Courgette Crisps 16 g (Pack of 12)
REALLY HEALTHY PASTA
– I am such a huge fan of pasta, and its nice to find a brand that has a healthy aspect to it. Completely gluten free and made from one sole ingredient they are high in protein, fibre and iron. I still need to get my hands on some.
Really Healthy Pasta Organic Chickpea Fusilli 250g
Really Healthy Pasta Organic Red Lentil Penne 250g
Really Healthy Pasta Organic Mungbean Fusilli 250g
Really Healthy Pasta Organic Buckwheat & Golden Flaxseed Penne 250g
Really Healthy Pasta Organic Black Bean Penne 250g
– Chia seeds were one of the top trends of 2016, so what better way than to incorporate them into a yummy flapjack bar. To be fair you couldn’t ask for anything better, great for those gym heads.
IN THE NOOD
– Mid year these guys came along, with their make at home energy ball mix. What a brilliant idea, we always remember buying a Betty Crocker, however even those wanting a healthy path yet not a chef can whip some some nutritious snacks.
REBEL KITCHEN YOGURT
– As there was a surge of those opting for a more raw and plant based diet. There became a higher demand to deliver treats to these requirements. Rebel Kitchen took a hold of that demand and created a delicious yogurt selection.
– Rice is a huge thing in our household as well as pasta. That meant when Tilda released their pulses and rice range, with exotic flavours and some extra protein, it had to go in for top product for the month.
Tilda Pulses & Rice Split Pea, Chilli & Coriander 140g
Tilda Pulses & Rice Chick Pea, Harissa & Lemon 140g
Tilda Pulses & Rice Pinto Bean, Chilli & Lime 140g
Tilda Pulses & Rice Black Bean, Jerk & Coconut 140g
RHTYHM 108 DESSERT BARS
– This was by far one of my fave new products, a healthy dessert bar. I know who would have thought it! These are truly delectable, my one of choice has to be the banana muffin. They are made with pure goodness with 0 nasties. Best dessert ever.
Rhythm 108 dessert bar chocolate walnut brownie
PIP & NUT CRUNCHY MAPLE PEANUT BUTTER
– This was by far one of the most amazing foodie creations of 2016. When the sea of nut butters were out there, Pip & Nut caught the wave with this AMAZING limited edition flavour! Serious next level stuff.
Pip & Nut Peanut Butter 250g Maple Peanut