Its that time of year to swap the chilly fruit and yogurt for a big bowl of warm and comforting oats. No lie I used to hate oats for breakfast. I found them overfilling and cloggy. I think I just couldnt make them right. However now I have rekindled my love for a cosy bowl of porridge. I think I just needed to jazz them up a bit. Make them more tastier than the beige bowl I would normally stare at. Also really oats are the best thing to start the day with they have so many health benefits. Oh and if like me you go for a morning run its the perfect way to refuel. For this recipe I took inspiration from Healthy And Psyched purely because her warm bananas and berry looked too delicious. This resulted in a bowl of warm banana chocolate proats.
As I mentioned earlier, I find this best to eat after a quick morning jog in the frosty air. Therefore I decided to make it a bowl of proats to be more beneficial. SO for these I was generously given a cacao, flax seed and cacao nibs oat mix from Blondilox – Her mixes rock so you should check them out. This mix is slightly indulgent so I loved it. I added in my Nutribuddy chocolate protein so I didnt need a shake. I also popped in a helping of Maca powder to keep me going through the day. For the piece de resistance I popped in a mashed banana. Ever since I read it warm mashed bananas have been on mind. It just sounded so delicious and cosy. A chocolate porridge with an undertone of banana. Yes please.
WARM BANANA CHOCOLATE PROATS INGREDIENTS:
- 1 packet of Blondilox oats – We used cacao, flax seed & cacao nibs (otherwise use 1/2 cup of your chosen oats)
- 1 mashed banana
- 3/4 cup of coconut milk (We used Alpro)
- 3 scoops of Nutribuddy chocolate whey
- 1 tbsp of Maca powder (We used Nutriseed)
- Punch Foods coconut brownie superseeds
- More banana
- Sweet Freedom coconut choc shot
- Doisy & Dam maca, vanilla and cacao nib dark chocolate
WARM BANANA CHOCOLATE PROATS METHOD:
- Add the oats, milk and mashed banana, whey protein and maca powder to a pan.
- Bring to the boil, then simmer until at desired consistency.
- Add all your toppings and enjoy.
Interesting fact – One half cup of oats has over 25 percent of your recommended amount of biotin. Biotin is a B vitamin responsible for a healthy metabolism and digestion, but it also contributes to great hair, skin, and nails.
If you do make any of our creations dont forget to tag us @lolitambonita and hash #lifeslittlepleasures #lolitabonita.